Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Goal Update

In July, I started setting monthly goals as a way to make some small mini goals to help keep me focused; not just while on my weight loss journey, but also about my life in general.

Here are the goals I set for July and how I did:

July Goals:

  • Visit extended family at Bow Lake
  • Continue to work on 101 things in a 1001 days list (update on list in another blog post)
  • Start a new item on list
  • Work out at least 4 days a week (gym, zumba, run, hike, whatever - just move your ass!)
  • Go to Weight Watcher meetings all month; not just to weigh-in
  • Track food for one week this month
Well overall I thought I did well. I was able to see my extended family and also climb a mountain! I still can't believe that I did this, and still very proud of myself. It was great to see my family and to spend some time catching up with them. I really only get to see them once a year, so it's important to make time.

I was able to continue work on my 101 things in 1001 days list, I have several on going long term items, as well as updated the list with a blog post. I am glad to report that since my last update, I've completed 5 more tasks on my list.

My new item off the list was to travel by train, on Saturday, DBF and I went to North Conway and took the Scenic Dinner train for a ride. It was a nice way to spend an evening. I may still want to actually travel by train. However, it was still a lot of fun and something different.

I didn't get to work out 4 times every week. I at least got 3 times per week and 2 weeks out of 4 I got the full 4 times a week. I believe this will be another goal for August. It's a good goal to have. And something I want to strive for.

Attend Weight Watcher meetings, I accomplished this! I took the time and made it me time! Although there were times I was up weight wise, I felt like I was getting a lot out of the meetings. I have made a personal commitment to continue with Weight Watchers at least until the fall (October) I would like to hit the one year mark with them and then re-evaluate my situation.

Track food. Well, throughout the month I tracked my food a total of 4 days. My thought process was that since I was paying for weight watchers and that tracking is a big part of their strategy that if I am going to follow the plan, that I would have to follow all of the plan, well tracking is my biggest weakness. I am going to modify this item for next month to just write down what I eat, I will attempt to track points, but at least I'd like to write my food intake.

All in all, for the first time setting monthly goals, I am pretty happy with my success and I look forward to setting goals for August. Come back tomorrow to see my August goals.

Does setting mini or monthly goals work for you?

3 comments:

Jess said...

Dude, you climbed a mountain! That is awesome.

And I'm glad you finally traveled by train. I quite like train travel, and even by bus. It's pretty efficient.

Nice job on the July goals! Keep it up Cassie :)

ElleBee said...

I really want to make a 101 things in 1001 days list now. :) Thanks!

Cassie said...

Thank you gals for all your comments you rock! I am proud of what I am accomplishing I think the mini monthly goals are helping me.

Yes, Lynn you should to a list, for me (the list-maker type person) it rocks. I like that you can have some stuff on your list you can do in a day, or over a year or whatever. It's WAY better than New Year's Resolutions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails