Monday, August 2, 2010

August Goals

Summer is quickly coming to a close. I am looking forward to my annual Bar Harbor trip at the end of this month. Although who am I kidding, I am just looking forward to being on vacation at the end of the month! I hope for some great weather so I can get some beach time in as well as get some of my reading done. Typically no Internet is anywhere to be found, so it's a nice break, but new this year is my lovely iPhone, so I'll have a little access!

Last month I started setting goals for the month, knowing that I am a list maker; I am finding this helpful in achieving some goals yet also being mindful of my goals all month long. My goals are not just weight loss oriented but life oriented as there is so much I'd like to accomplish. I can't believe it's August already, it just feels like the summer is flying by and soon enough there will be 2 feet of snow on the ground.

And now, on with the goals:
  1. Write down my food, for at least one week. Challenge yourself to take it one step further and TRACK said food intake.
  2. Strive for 4 days of activity. (walk/c25k run/zumba/gym/whatever)
  3. Attend Weight Watcher meetings every week
  4. Start studying for HAM radio exam
  5. Clean the inside of my car
  6. Host a giveaway on my blog
I am still contemplating about changing my blog over to wordpress or even self-hosted. I think that it makes me more legit and holds me accountable. Especially if I am paying for it. Also I am celebrating my Google PageRank of 1! I am no longer an N/A but a 1. I don't know if that makes me more legit or not, I really didn't start blogging for recognition but more so to hold myself accountable for what I was doing and basically as an online journal about my life. It's just a nice little added bonus.

I think that these are well rounded goals and pretty much is a good snapshot of my life right now in the month of August. Just looking forward to the 29th when DBF and I leave for Bar Harbor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails