Monday, August 16, 2010

Tracking Day 6

Another full day of summer fun! DBF and I got up early and headed to Hampton to see my parents for breakfast while DBF helped out with a couple of computer problems they were having. Dad and I were able to talk and he showed me his garden, my goodness it was overflowing with vegetables. Ben and I went home with a grocery bag full of cucumbers and big tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.

After Ben had finished with the computer issues, we went to my work to help volunteer for the MDA Boot Drive. A cause that my union local is very passionate about, every summer we do a voluntary toll where vehicles can donate to the MDA fund. It was a great day to be outside, both Ben and I agreed that traffic was a bit slow, which led to donations being a little down. However we were there early to help out, hopefully at the end of the day it was a successful event. Every little bit helps!

Before leaving Hampton, we tried to stop in to see my grandmother (she loves Ben) however we went into her room she was asleep, so we decided not to wake her up. And off to Newcastle Commons we went. We met up with his mom for a late lunch. What a great day out! With the sea breeze it was just a little too cool for me, but perfect for Ben. We had a great time just relaxing and talking and enjoying everyone's company. Then we said our goodbye's and headed into Portsmouth to go see "The Expendables" at the movie theater. It's defiantly a guy's movie. I got good girlfriend points for going.

Then finally headed home. Two long days, but both packed to the gills with fun! I was out enjoying my life and everyone in it.

Food wise I was trying to be smart and make good choices throughout the day. Although I didn't meet the good health guidelines, I still tracked. Which at the end of the day is what is important to me.

Today I used 36 points, taking 2 more points from my WAP allowance. I am pretty excited about how successful I've been tracking. Especially how much more conscious I've been with my eating and the types of food I've been eating.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails