Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Do you know the weigh...

Sorry everyone. If you've followed me for any length of time, you know that I work shift work. My schedule is a 8 day week on an 8 week rotating schedule. So there are times when I am working when I have my Weight Watchers Meeting. My meeting is currently the Tuesday at 9:30am. I wasn't able to go last week, or this week. I should be back on track though for next week.

However, last week I wasn't able to weigh in till FRIDAY! It seemed foreign to me and screwed my week all up. I did enjoy the meeting although there wasn't much participation from the group, I kept talking and they all listened, but part of why I enjoy the meeting is to hear other people's successes/struggles.

Any who, here is the stats:

Last week's weight: 294.8
This week's weight: 296.6
Gain: +1.8

Total loss -17.2

Ugh, probably part of the reason for my delay in posting is that I was really upset to see a gain this week. I had a mini goal that I set to get my gruve to green at least 5 days this week. In fact it was the opposite. I only achieved green twice this week. My sedentary job sucks. Since I work for a tourist community, summer is our busiest time. The past 2 or 3 years have been very wet and cold for the better part of summer. This is the first summer of great beach weather. And it shows, everyone is coming to the beach! Which is great for the local businesses, who could use the boost in this slumping economy.

However, since the beaches are packed, my job gets busier, and when there are emergency calls going on, I have to sit at my desk and be attentive. There will be times I don't move for at least an hour. Ever since I've been more conscious of my health and lifestyle I've been moving more, this is the one aspect I've struggled in, the one season I struggle with. I've started pacing in my dispatch room to help at least get the blood flowing. But it's literally 5 steps one way, turn around 5 steps back. (Read: my room isn't very big)

Last week especially didn't help as I worked 2 extra shifts (20 hours) on top of my normal 48 hour. So it just made for a long week. Not that it's an excuse, but I like to track my weeks and see if there is anything I can do to help.

I am not sure when I will get a chance to weigh in this week, although the Friday meeting would work again this week. Who knows. However, I do know one thing, I will go to a Weight Watchers meeting this week... got to work on those August goals of mine.

Speaking of my goals, as I was reading through my google reader a post came up that inspired me, Jenny from Diary of a fat girl on her way to being a healthy girl, posted about her weekly goal to track her food. And since one of my goals this month was to track my food for at least one week, I thought, hey why not join her. My purpose is two-fold. Not one would I like to help Jenny reach her weekly goal, but also I could use the motivation (kick in the ass) to get my tracking done. I've become so lax with tracking and it's only hurting myself. I mean look at my numbers, obviously something is wrong. I need to be more conscious of everything I am eating/drinking.

This past weekend, DBF and I had a wedding to go to. I was slightly nervous about food, turns out it was family style service for dinner (one big bowl in the middle for all to share) and after everyone had their servings, the staff came around with seconds... DAMN, people, don't you know! Of course the bread basket was placed right in front of me. These were homemade biscuits people... delicious. I only had one, I had my piece of chicken (which had the skin cooked on it, so I removed it) and some potatoes and green beans. But only one serving of each!

I am still going strong in my Soda-Free Summer Challenge. I haven't drank soda since June 21st. Shrinking Amber asked me if I would continue to not drink soda, even after the Labor Day end date. While at said wedding this weekend, I had a bud light, and I didn't care for the carbonation. So I think that carbonated beverages will be a rarity for me from now on. I have my love for my water and my crystal light! The only place that I always drank soda was at restaurants. But now I enjoy having lemonade (and most places do carry it). I don't seem to be missing it. The only side effect I've noticed is that I have been more tired recently, and I've been drinking more coffee lately. But since I am not getting the caffeine from soda, I am sure that my body has just been craving it in another form.

My goal this week (in addition to my monthly goals) is to get my gruve green at least 5 days this week!

So on that note, it's time for me to refill my water bottle!

Have a great week folks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails