Monday, June 13, 2011

Marathon Week Wrap-Up

First off, a big thank you to Steve for spearheading this challenge, I was really challenging myself with the distance and making time for myself. If you are new to my blog, I've been sick for about a month (no lie) and I haven't been able to run. So making time for myself to walk was a challenge in itself.


I am thankfully, feeling much better, I have one more day of antibiotics, and I am hoping that is the end of it. I haven't been on any other cold medicine in the last 4-5 days. Fingers crossed! I am looking forward to running again, I left off at week 4 with my Couch to 5k program, and I think I am going to restart week 2, since I've been sick for so long, all my build up is gone. Thankfully, my next 5k isn't until September, so I've got plenty of time to get back into something that resembles a running form. 


I have to say, I don't think I will ever be a distance runner (thinking half or even full marathon), as I feel like I lose interest in it. I need quick little bursts that I can accomplish something in. Who knows, maybe my opinions will change. Heck, only 2 short years ago, I never even thought about running... since then I've done a 5k!


I had only 1.1 miles to finish off my Marathon Week challenge, and I was at work, so what did I do, laps around the fire station's apparatus bay. Let me tell you there wasn't much to look at. This station is old! And there is a lot of equipment crammed in there. But it wasn't about my surroundings, it was about getting the mileage in and finishing strong!


What I loved about Marathon Week was getting out on some of the local trails here in New Hampshire and really getting to see some of the natural beauty. Despite the mosquitoes trying to carry me away (you can burn more calories trying to swat them away, right?), I still thought that it was really wonderful to be in that kind of environment. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails