Monday, May 2, 2011

Weighing In

I spent all of last week at my parent's house watching the house and the cat, I knew when I posted last week, that since I wasn't going to be in my routine, that I was nervous about my abilities to stay focused. I was basically eating out for every meal, and although I was still getting some long walks in I was nervous about the results.

Well yesterday, Sunday, I was finally back at my own apartment and I stepped on the scale. 317.4, I was mortified. I had no idea it was THAT bad. I re-weighed in another 2 times with the same results before going on about my day. That is a huge increase over the 311.8 I was last week.

I knew that I didn't track at all last week, and really how many times can I say it, tracking is key... I need to be able to hold myself accountable. I started using My Fitness Pal, I didn't care for the SparkPeople app, and so far, I like My Fitness Pal's app better. So for now, I'll be tracking using the My Fitness Pal program and see how that goes. If you are on there, come find me!

Getting ready for the day, I put on my work pants and they seemed to fit like they always do, I had no idea where this weight was on my body, since usually it goes to my stomach and thighs first. 

I got home from work last night and I completed my week 2 day 1 C25K session. I got home, and really was comfortable being there, but I forced myself to get out there and do it. It sucked at first, but I dug deep and by the end, I was so happy and proud of myself for doing it.

Yesterday, I also mailed in my registration for the Covered Bridge 5K in September in Henniker, NH. This is about an hour away from me, I've always loved Covered Bridges so I am hoping this will be fun. Also its about halfway between myself and another bloggie friend, Kayla and she is hopefully going to be joining me in running this race!

I may do some other races this year, but this one I thought would be cool. I wanted to register early, so I was committed and wouldn't back out of it. This is something that I can focus on.

Today, just for my own interest, I hopped on the scale this morning, and it read 312.4, I had lost 5 pounds in a day... which leads me to believe that it was mostly water weight I was carrying, probably also why my pants still fit normally. So I am still up overall, but not nearly as bad as originally thought. And hopefully now I can resume my regular Friday weigh in's from now on. 

1 comment:

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

You're totally be ready for that 5k in September. C25K is a great program!

Stop by my blog for a blog award! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails