Saturday, April 23, 2011

Progress & Attune Foods

Well after last week, I guess that was the a$$ kicking I needed. Not only did I restart the C25K program, I also went to the gym, and yesterday my workout consisted of helping out on the farm (including off loading hay bales). I also tracked my food for the majority of the week (I think I missed 2 days).

And my efforts paid off, as I am happy to report that the my scale read 311.8 this morning, still not under the 310 mark, but way better than where I was last week. Now I just have to keep this momentum going.

Let's face it tracking my food is helping. I need to suck it up and do the work. I am the only one to blame for where I am at today, and I am the only one who can change it.

I think part of my problem, is that I work, a lot. And almost always never say no to overtime. Let's face it, in this economy, I should be happy I have a job, but also have a job that still has overtime available. But I think it may be doing more harm than good, and I haven't been taking care of myself as well as I could have been. This past week, I not only didn't work any overtime, but I also made use of my time off to make sure I got some activity in.

That being said, this upcoming week won't be the same case, as I took 2 extra shifts this week. I am also going to be out of my element, as I am staying at my parents house while they are on vacation. These are just obstacles, and I will overcome them, I am still going to track my food, and get any activity in when I can.

I realize now that I need to be able to take time for myself, not only does it recharge my batteries, but allows me to better take care of myself.

In other news, Kerri tweeted at me the other day that Attune Foods is hosting a giveaway, and a big one at that. The giveaway is a ticket to FitBloggin' but also $500 for travel or hotel. This would be huge for me! Right now, I am not able to go, with my wedding less than 6 months away there just isn't enough money in the budget for me to go.

It's great that Attune Foods is so supportive of our weight loss blog community, in addition to this awesome giveaway they are also sponsoring several other aspects of the FitBloggin' conference. I've never tried any of their products, but given their supportive nature of something dear to me, it's worth a try. I took a peek at their website and they offer many Gluten Free breakfast items. Not going to lie, the mint chocolate bar sounds delicious!

I am hoping that Attune picks me to go to FitBloggin' I'd love the opportunity to learn more about healthy living and building a better blog. Also the chance to meet several individuals who I've become dear friends with would also be a huge super bonus!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails