Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oribe Hair Masque Review

Some of you may know that I listen to Cosmo Radio on Sirius/XM. I am addicted to the channel, Ben can tell you that a lot of what I say and do, comes from the channel and the personalities on the different shows. They are like my real life (fake planet) friends.

Anyway, Victoria recently got her own show called "Cosmo Life with Victoria" and several weeks ago, she was talking about hair masques and said that Oribe was one of the best masque's out there.

So I went to see what it's all about. The Signature Moisture Masque, the first thing I balked at was the price $59 for a jar (5.9 ounces)! I had a credit on Amazon, and since I could purchase it on Amazon, I decided to take the plunge and go with it.
 
From the Oribe website: A super-rich indulgence. This crème de la crème deep-hydrating masque transforms even the driest, most over-it hair, leaving it supremely soft and irresistibly touchable.

I have to say, I totally agree with Victoria, I have super thick hair, and since I am growing it out for my wedding, it's really super long. I've been noticing that the ends have been getting a little dry, even though I use a daily conditioner and also use a heat protector serum, I still was noticing how dry my hair was getting.

I've now used the Oribe product twice (one per week), I use it instead of my daily conditioner and let it sit in my hair for at least 10 minutes. The product is really rich and thick, you only need a little dab. I would say with my thick long hair (below shoulder length) I would only use about a quarter size of product. My hair is also natural color, I do not color my hair.

For me, even though it's pricey, I am not using much product so the jar will last longer for me. And the masque lasts the full week for me, obviously my hair isn't as sleek and smooth on the last day as it was the first day, but there is a lot more moisture in it, and a lot more sleek/shiny than just using the daily conditioner and heat serum.

I have to agree with Victoria that this product is well worth the money. I've tried other drug store types of masques and the results don't last as long, or don't moisturize as well as Oribe does.

FTC Disclosure: I was NOT paid to review this product, several people asked me to post my opinion about the product. All opinions are solely my own. I purchased this product on my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails