Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weigh In 7/27/10

Last Week's Weight: 292.8
This Week's Weight: 294.8
Gain: 2

Total Loss: -19
 
Ugh! This is pre-iPhone territory! We are talking like mid-February weight. NOT happy about this. I didn't work out like I wanted to, I am not tracking like I should. I am in a slump.
 
According to my Gruve there was only one day last week were I didn't achieve my green goal. Of course it was Monday, the day before my weigh in.
 
So what did I do about it? Well I went grocery shopping after the weight watchers meeting, since I was up at the scale I didn't purchase anything that would tempt me or derail my efforts. Not that I normally do, but I was more strict this time. I had plans to go to the gym, but I forgot my headphones for my iPod, I'm just the kind of gal who needs music to workout. It helps to keep my energy up.
 
So this afternoon, I decided it was way too nice outside not to go and get a walk in, once I got moving, I wanted to try a Couch to 5K training session from my iPhone. I restarted the program, but instead of going back to week 1 day 1, I jumped in where I left off, week 3 day 2! I was able to complete the session. I was so proud of myself, I haven't trained or really ran since my first 5k way back in early June, so this felt amazing to do.
 
I tracked my food today in my Weight Watchers app for the iPhone, I have the tools, I just need to use it! And hold myself accountable for the decisions I make.
 
The topic of today's Weight Watcher's meeting was Smart Snacking, we discussed:
  • Planning snacks at hungry times
  • Choosing filling foods
  • Counting and tracking snacks
  • Preparing snacks ahead of time
  • Packing snacks to go
Challenge issued this week was to try and get the 5 servings of fruit and veggies every day and plan for snacks, create a list of easy packable snacks.

Next week's topic: Getting off the merry-go-round

I've never really tracked my hunger, I've just always ate when I felt like I was supposed to, standard meals, but I can see how snacking would help in maintaining levels within your own body to keep you feeling satisfied longer. I typically eat every 3-4 hours, but that's just me, I've never really tracked it. I am going to try to track my hunger and see if eating every 3-4 hours is helping or hurting my efforts.

One thing I love about my Weight Watcher's leader is every month she gives us a calender with a daily tidbit on it. I read it every day, it's part of my ritual. One thing that jumped out at me for next month is Monday August 2: "Where do you want to be on Labor Day? You have 5 weeks to get there." I want to be at my 10% by Labor Day, but that is nearly 12 pounds to loose in 5 weeks, roughly 2.4 pounds a week, it may not be in me, but I am certainly going to give it a go!

In other news, I don't know if Amber was serious, but last night she tweeted about needing a gym buddy (even if virtual) and I could always use a kick in the behind and someone else to help me along. So I offered my services. Since she's on the west coast and I live on the east coast, I highly doubt that we will ever be gym buddies in real life, but hey, blogging is sometimes real life too!



Have a great week everyone! I look forward to blogging about my August goals and recapping my July Goals and my quarterly 101 things in a 1001 days update!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails