Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weigh In

Last Week's Weight: 294.6
This Week's Weight: 292.8
Loss: -1.8
Total Loss: -21

Yippee! A loss! I am back! I am thrilled to be recording a loss this week. After 3 weeks straight of gaining I am finally losing again. I am nowhere near where I was in early June, however, it's progress, and I am willing to take it.

I am a little disappointed that I haven't fully recovered from hiking last Friday. In fact today was the first day I could put on sneakers, the blister on the back of my heel is killing me, and I am trying to fight my way through it. My thighs and calves were still very tight and I haven't been able to go to the gym to work out. But I did manage to walk to the post office and back this afternoon which I was quite pleased. A trip that usually takes me roughly an hour took me about 40 minutes today. I guess I was pushing myself!

I don't want to over do it, so I figured a walk would be a good way to ease back into my routine. I am hoping to walk again tomorrow and then hit the gym Thursday or Friday. I hope to be back into my routine by this weekend.

Don't get my wrong, I don't regret hiking, I just didn't prep myself as well as I could have. I am hoping for good weather and perhaps another day hike in the next week or two.

But I am thrilled with my weigh in results. This week's topic was about Pushing the Restart, which is what I've done. And the steps necessary:
  1. Focus - the ability to focus on your mini goals that you set for yourself.
  2. Overcome your major weakness - we all have weaknesses, you need to be able to identify them and acknowledge them.
  3. Devise a plan - planning really helps you accomplish your goals you set, you could almost say it's a to do list for your healthy life.
Next weeks' topic is being snack savvy. Something that I could learn a few things about.

I won't be able to attend my typical meeting due to a conflict with work, so I'll be weighing in another day/time for the next two weeks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails