Thursday, April 15, 2010

Progress

This week has been so screwed up, not being able to weigh in on my usual day (Tuesday) due to have to work and then making plans to do it yesterday or later on today and ended up getting called into work early. Don't get me wrong, I love the overtime (and so do my bills!) but really, the job is what hinders my efforts.

I had also wanted to get a couch to 5k session in today, but that didn't happen. I just ran out of time... or just out of time, since I didn't get to run. (Bad attempt at a joke!)

Regardless, I did manage to weigh in this morning, granted I wasn't really prepared for it, but I went and did it. Since starting this journey I have never missed a weigh in week. I've missed meetings, but I ALWAYS weigh in. Anywho, I had no idea what to expect at the scale. I haven't really been present with my eating habits and my exercise has been screwy again due to work. Imagine my surprise when I was down .2 pounds. FINALLY, the scale is moving in the right direction! I still have a lot of ground to make up from my massive gains - but I think that even this little .2 loss is going to be the kick start that I needed to regain some focus.

This weekend is the NH Emergency Dispatcher Association Conference, in beautiful Laconia, right on the lake, this conference makes my job sound professional! LOL. I am really excited about learning new techniques and hot button topics, I am really looking forward to learning more about becoming a tactical dispatcher. Eventually sign up for the state TERT program and FEMA to assist in times of great need / disasters. I am hoping to at least get a walk in while attending the conference!

Any plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Missa said...

Yay progress! Don't get yourself all worked up about scale day. Life gets in the way sometimes. You made it on there. You will get that C25K session in. Don't sweat it.

Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel

Treasure said...

.2 down is still down......and that is what matters...keep up the good work! Your health is worth it!

Lucy said...

A loss is a loss, any loss is good!!! Just take it one day at a time. Enjoy your seminar and it is always fun learning new techniques and updating your job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails