Thursday, October 7, 2010

Debbie Downer

Sorry for another downer post, but this week has been hell. I've basically been stuck in a room all week. My normal work week is 48 hours; and in a 7 day period I will have worked 102 hours when it's all said and done. I haven't been able to make any "me time", I've been pacing in my little room to try and get my Gruve green, but I've only gotten as far as one blue (3/4 way) day and 2 yellows (half way). Currently, I am working with a yellow status. On top of everything, my back still hurts, I can't bend over very well, and it takes me a little effort to get out of a chair.

I can't help but think that if I was lighter that I wouldn't have back pain to the degree that I do. That my body would be able to rest and heal better, if I wasn't carrying around an extra 70-100 pounds. One of the reasons why I started weight watchers was that I was having some knee pain, and I knew it was because of the extra weight I had put on and was carrying around on my body, stressing it out. After dropping 5% of my weight, the knee pain was gone, and hasn't come back since!

I typically weigh myself every morning, and unfortunately with being at work, I've been unable to weigh myself. Usually, this works for most people, but not me, for some reason, I need to know what I weigh. I don't know if it's a sabotage effort on my part or some other sort of copping mechanism. Perhaps I am too focused on numbers. That is something that I do enjoy about weight watchers is that they do use numbers, however, also focus and celebrate those NSV (non-scale victories).

I am looking forward to Saturday, H2B and I are going to Fryeburg Fair in Maine. We both love fall, and we both love fairs, with our hectic schedule we haven't been able to go to any fairs this season. I am hoping that my back is feeling better enough to tolerate the day (and all the driving).

Monday, I have a meeting with a potential caterer for the wedding, I am really trying hard to get a venue and a date secure by the end of October. Ideally, this coming weekend (Columbus Day Weekend) would be the weekend we'd be tying the knot, so I am going to pay attention to the amount of color in the leaves and the amount of daylight. I can't believe that I am planning a wedding and that it's a year away, I feel like I have so much to do, but that's because I've only just started.

Hopefully my back will be feeling better and I can resume a higher level of activity then what I've been doing lately (not much).

3 comments:

Food Coma said...

Hey random nonstalkerish question, where in Maine are you from? I live in the Old Town area.

Cassie said...

I actually live on the seacoast of New Hampshire. Old Town is way up there isn't it! My H2B is from the Brewer area though.

Food Coma said...

Yeah I am pretty close to Brewer, I just thought I would check! I just moved up here from Portland.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails