Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Great Non-Scale Victory!

I just had to share with you all. I had a great NSV today.

My new car... my 2009 Jeep Patriot that should NOT be having any problems, had problems. The roof leaks, through my map light. Long story, shorten, I had to bring it in for service to my local Jeep dealership. Now with the economic downturn of last year, the dealership I bought it from was no longer in the Jeep business, so I had to go to a different one.

So while I am checking my car in with the service department, I asked the kind individual how long it would take, he said that it would be a few hours. Seesh! I didn't want to waste it just sitting there in the waiting room reading the book I brought. So I said to myself, self, the gym is a little over a half a mile walk from the dealership, why not go get a workout in?

And that is exactly what I did. I walked the 0.7 miles to the gym, had a good hour and 20 minute workout, did a mix of cardio and some weight training (cuz weights are for girls!). I didn't even really look at the time when the dealership called and said my car was ready. So then it was a quick walk back to the dealership and I was on my way. All in all it was that errand was less than 2 hours. And in that 2 hours, I feel like I got so much accomplished since I didn't sit on my duff and read, instead I went to the gym and got a fantastic workout in.

I was super proud of myself for this non-scale victory. I can see that these changes are not temporary, but they are lifetime changes.

I am hopefully going to be weighing in tomorrow, not sure how it's going to go, it's tough to get a rough estimate when I am working the night shift the night before a weigh in. But DBF is taking me to Rhode Island this weekend and I really just don't have the time at any other point this week. I will already be two days late due to my crazy work schedule. Oh well, I hope to be back to a somewhat normal schedule for next week!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Wohoo! You could've sat around and did nothing but instead, you seized the day and made the most out of the time you had! That's AWESOME!

Car fix. Workout done. WIN!

Tricia said...

Great job!! :) keep up the good work!

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

Congrats! You have such determination! You should be proud of yourself!

Seth said...

Way to Go!

That was some good thinking going for the workout instead of sitting on your butt.

keep it up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails