Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time to pack up the home scale?

So I have 8 days left in the mini competition with my DBF (highest percentage lost over a 2 month period), and he's being very sneaky about his weigh in's and I don't remember what he started at....So it's really going to be interesting. For me, I started at 291 and I haven't done much since.

That is really irritating me. Not only am I paying money for Weight Watchers every month, but also a gym and zumba classes. My head is not in the game. And I need it to be. I still have a long way to go on my journey and I am not ready to detour off the path.

I've had some accomplishments like NSV (non scale victories) and my first 5k, but I still am struggling with the scale.

I weigh myself almost every day and I think that is part of my problem. If I see that I am having a "good" day, then I take it easy, it's when I have bad days that I either throw up my hands and say forget it, or I focus on the day. So 2 out of the 3 scenarios are bad (for me).

I am beginning to think that I am not going to weigh in every day. And use Weight Watchers as my scale day. It would be my hope that with not knowing how I am doing everyday, that I will be more consistent in how I manage my day to day. I guess I am willing to try it for a month or so and see how it goes. However, I would appreciate any input on the subject. (please some smack me and wake me up!)

1 comment:

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

I can totally relate to checking the scale and driving myself crazy over the numbers. In May I gave up weekly weigh-ins and decided that for a month I would listen to my body. I started running and probably had my best month yet. I felt so good about myself. I didn't lose a ton of weight that month, but it didn't matter because I wanted to see how I felt on the inside and what the scale said.

This journey is so trying and so difficult some days. I'm coming off of a TERRIBLE weekend of some serious eating. But when that happens we just have to dust ourselves off and get back on the journey. Because we're worth it! You can do this! It's not going to be easy, but it's so worth it in the end!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails