Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend Recap!

Hello! Sorry I've been a little MIA this weekend, I swear it wasn't by fault! I had a weekend jam-packed with family BBQ's and fireworks. I got a little more than I bargained for!


Friday I weighed in, I gained this week, I weighed in at 307.4, a gain of 2.6 pounds. I haven't been tracking, I've let it fall to the wayside, and I just need to get back into some good habits. I can't keep gaining and loosing the same 3-5 pounds, I need to break this cycle, and the consistency is something that I can help/change.


One thing that is working for me is the Strong for 23, which is basically committing to working out 23 times every month. I mark it on the calender next to my bed, and it is such a visual reminder for me. There have been days/evenings when I get home and all I want to do is crash, but I look at the calendar and it reminds me to get moving. My only requirements (self-imposed) is that it has to be at least 30 minutes of activity, usually it's longer, but at minimum, 30 minutes. 


Here is June: 


I've also been logging my weight on the calendar as well, just because it's easier for me to do so. This month, it was easy to get some time in, especially with Steve's marathon week challenge, it forced me to walk longer, and I found a new route that I love! It's roughly 6.2 miles, and it takes me about 2 hours to complete. I've done the route twice now, and I still enjoy it. 


Having this visual is really helping to keep me motivated with my activity levels, and being that it's summer I am trying to get out more often. It's working too, even though I use sunscreen and bug spray, I am still getting some color. I don't want to burn though! 


Saturday was supposed to be a nice family BBQ at my parents house, what it actually was, a surprise Wedding Shower! My parents with the help of some of my best friends, threw a fantastic shower for Ben and I! I was in shock. That wasn't the only surprise. Amy, my cousin and maid of honor was supposed to be Skyping with us so we could chat and catch up, but no, she was in on it too and actually flew up! She had been in New Hampshire since Tuesday! My parents had been hiding her! 


There were about 40 people there, which is surprising given the fact that it was a holiday weekend and people usually have their own plans. I felt so well loved and blessed to have some amazing people in my life. It was such a wonderful time! There was so much food, but I had just eaten, I didn't get a chance to enjoy anything! 


There are some pictures coming in on facebook, but here is one for all my bloggie readers: 


My gals! That's me in the purple!
Since Ben and I are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon, the party was Hawaiian themed.

Looking at this picture (and others) I can't see the progress I've made, and it's disturbing to me. I still see my extra flabby midsection and my large legs, I can't seem to focus on the positive. I also noticed that I am still the "big" friend... I hope that there comes a time when that is no longer the case! I am still very much a W.I.M.P.! and I am ok with that! 

The rest of the weekend was spent with my cousin Amy and having a great time with her. So sad to see her leave! But it's great knowing that October is only a few short months away! 

I stepped on the scale this morning, just to see where things were at and they were NOT good, up from Friday even! So I am going to focus on tracking my food and pushing lots of water! Hopefully I can rebound before this Friday!

How was everyone's Fourth?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails