Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Luvin'

Well, as usual the weekends fly by. Now my schedule rotates so my days off are sometimes during the week and sometimes during the weekend, I really enjoy my weekend days off, because it usually means that Ben and I can do stuff together. For the last 2-3 months, it's all been wedding related stuff. This weekend was no exception. 


Our meeting with the minister, went well. It was great to talk about our relationship and how we fell in love, what we loved about the other, talking about family and children, and where we saw our lives in 5 and 10 years. It was nice because we had already talked about most of the stuff we discussed. The minister had told us that not every couple was the same way. I was amazed at that. How does one enter into a serious relationship or even marriage without discussing things like future plans, goals, ideas... it just boggled my mind. No wonder the divorce rate is so high!


Apparently we will have two more meetings with the minister, the next one we will be discussing our individual family trees, and our family dynamics. I think that will prove to be an interesting topic of discussion for us both, since we are both  very much family oriented individuals and families play an important role in our lives. The last meeting will be discussing the actual wedding and the ceremony. 


I am excited that we are going through this experience, I think it will be beneficial for us both. 


After our meeting we made the quick drive over to the Best Man's house! Since we were in the area, we thought we'd stop in. We stayed for dinner and had a lovely time. 


Sunday Ben went off to a benefit car show and I went to my family's lake house to visit with some more of my extended family. And then afterwards to visit with some friends who lived close by. It was a perfect summer afternoon, got to visit with family and also friends, we went swimming and just had a blast. I am so excited that I am enjoying my summer. It's truly wonderful. 


Today is a new week, I've got a local weight loss challenge that I am joining in for, this is piggy backing on Awesome By August, so I am happy for that. My plan is to hit the gym after work tonight. It's going to be a good week! The weather is looking great, we've had a lovely stretch of weather recently. 


It's days like these, that make the long and cold winters all worth it! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails