Friday, December 31, 2010

Recap

One more thing to recap, the weight loss challenge between H2B and myself. Beginning back on September 7th (after we got back from our vacation) and ending today, the person with the highest percentage loss wins. Well H2B and I have both been gaining and losing the same 7 pounds, so it was a toss up if anyone would actually win...

Wouldn't you know, I WON! with a loss of 0.4 pounds. Trust me I am thrilled, this is the encouragement boost I needed.

So H2B will be treating to a weekend away. First, it was to Boston, but since H2B's best friend (and Best Man) and his wife live near Providence, RI, I thought it would be great to get a hotel down there, and get to spend some time with them. H2B said that was fine with him, I am so thrilled! Ya-hoo!! Mini-Vacation for this chica! So excited.

And now that challenge is over, another couple has issued a challenge. Only this time it's girls against boys, losing gender treats the winning gender to a day of their choosing. The girls, we want a spa day... the boys, want to go play paintball (I'm sure we'd have to do something else too, since a spa day is a lot of money and I am sure paintball isn't really equal). This challenge will be the same, highest weight loss percentage. And will go for 3 months from 1/1/11 to 4/1/11. I'm energized for this new challenge coming off a fantastic win.

All in all these little challenges are great motivators for me. And in the end, it only benefits everyone who is participating. Because at the very least, it makes us more aware of what we are doing to our bodies.

1 comment:

Kerri O said...

Yay! I love challenges too. Motivates me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails