Friday, December 3, 2010

Pick me Foodie McBody!

I hoped on over to Foodie McBody's blog and saw that she's giving away a DirectLife Activity Monitor! I've titled my essay. Shift Work Sucks!


Shift Work Sucks!



Someone has to be there to answer the phone when someone is having an emergency. A lot of the time, that person is me. I work all sorts of hours, days, nights, weekends. We don't shut down. There are times it's so busy I can't leave my desk to pee. This job (and my inattentiveness), caused me to gain 50 pounds the first 2 years of my employment. 

I still need help to lose this weight. I am an emotional and binge eater. And then when I am at work, all I do is sit. I used to have an activity monitor but it broke. I've made some changes in my work routine and I've seen a difference, but I need to knock it up a peg or two and really kick it into high gear. 

I am in the midst of planning my dream wedding and marrying my dream guy. It would icing on the cake if I were to achieve my goals of being healthier and fitter.

I like the motivation and that direct life coach Jen checks in with you to check on your progress. I think if I can set some reasonable goals and with the gentle nudging from a direct life coach, I could totally achieve my fitness goals!

Shift work sucks, because it’s the unknown, you don’t know what is on the other end of the phone. Just like my weight loss journey, it’s the fear of the unknown, will I succeed? Will I fail? This journey will last a lifetime. I am bound and determined to make the most out of my one life that I have!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails