Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recap

I had to take 2 full days off from the gym to recover from Zumba! My abs were killing me. But I was back to the gym today; I did 40 minutes on the elliptical. I had to go home and get laundry done before it started raining. Oh the perks of living in an apartment! I cannot wait to own a home and have in house laundry! At least we have on-site laundry; I just have to go outside to get to it. So between the stairs and the lifting of laundry baskets, I feel like I was still getting some work done. I also plan on going tomorrow morning; getting another 30 minutes on the elliptical and then doing some weights. Then I'll go Monday for cardio and then Zumba again on Tuesday.

So for the week I have gone to the gym 3 times (Sun, Mon and Sat) and Zumba on Tues. This week is shaping up like gym Sunday and Monday, Zumba on Tuesday, Horseback riding either Wednesday or Thursday and probably gym either Friday or Saturday (depending on the day of horseback riding). I am going to see about possibly doing a beach ride, since the weather is forecasted to be nice and sunny.

I think that Zumba will be a great addition to my workout routine. It shakes things up and gets me moving in a different way. Also, I get to spend some more time with my girlfriends, which is always nice!

Even though I completed my task of gym 3 times a week for 2 months straight, I am going to keep trying to attain that. I think Zumba will count, but I am going to still am for 3 visits to the gym in addition to Zumba.

I felt slightly guilty last week that I had 2 full days off. Anyone who knows me knows that I rarely make time for myself. Ever since joining weight watchers, one of the biggest lessons I have learned is that it’s okay to say no and that I need to make time for me. But last week, I felt that old guilty feeling creeping back in. But I just stepped on the scale and said to myself that I am making lasting changes for myself and right now that is more important than anything else. I have to get to the gym, I have to be conscious of what I eat, for me, it’s a constant re-affirmation that I am making good decisions and moving in a good direction.

For some reason today, I could not satisfy my craving for diet pepsi. I had 3 20-ounce bottles over the course of the day… I don’t know why I was craving it so much. But now I am chugging the water and probably will be all day tomorrow. I don’t drink much soda anymore, so I guess its okay – so long as it doesn’t happen every day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails