Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trying to start the new year off right



So after working 24 hours what does one want to do?

If you answered "Go to the gym" then you'd be me....

I signed up last week for Planet Fitness their brand new location in Stratham, NH. This location is open 24 hours during the week. I signed up for their "black card" which is a little more money then their standard option, but enables me to travel to different locations. I have 2 friends that belong to the Plaistow location and Ben belongs to the Tewksbury, MA location... so at least with the travel option, if I wanted to work out with others, I could.

Come to find out, while talking with "the boys" at work over the breakfast table, many of them have either switched gyms or joined as well. So perhaps I'll be able to see some friendly faces there.

So this morning, in the snow and all, I went to work out at a real gym for the first time in 3 years. It's just like I remembered. I started on the elliptical machine for cardio and then went on their circuit (their version of Curves) and finished up with some ab work and stretching to cool down. I was there for about an hour. I was more or less trying to get oriented to the place. I like how its laid out. Plenty of room to move about.

I felt really good leaving the gym dare I say a "gym high".... I can only hope that it continues. I brought clothes to go tomorrow after work as well. I guess we'll see. The only bad thing is that my iPod is dead.. :-(

In other personal news, welcome to the world Baby Kaylee... my friend Tricia gave birth today. Mom and baby are doing well. Perhaps I'll get to see them tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails