Monday, November 30, 2009

Time to get some Motivation

So I went to WW this week, and of course I was up. I was talking to one of the staff members who has worked with Firefighters/EMT's in the past. She kept saying that its harder for people in that profession to loose weight, since basically its a lot of sitting around and waiting for the call... but she has known people to reach their goal weight, just most times takes longer than the average person.... great. One more thing against me.

My schedule was totally screwed up with Toy Bank, house/pet sitting and such - I am looking forward to getting back into something that resembles a routine.

However, I had a moment today. After my dismal weigh-in, all I wanted to do was binge eat, emotional eat, whatever you call it. It's what I've always done in the past when I feel bad for myself. What self-destructive behavior, well I had the food, I started eating and my body must have sensed something, it rejected the food I was eating. I think mentally I am making a switch in my head - change comes oh so slowly. But one needs to acknowledge it when it does happen.

I was up 2 pounds last week and 1.6 pounds this week... still I am down a total of 10.8 pounds in 7 weeks, I have to see the bigger picture. Rome wasn't built in a day...

1 comment:

Susan Cook said...

Sounds like your making some good progress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails