Friday, November 13, 2009

Prioritize!

I need to prioritize my life and set some goals. This time of year my life gets crazy busy! Although I don't like it, there really isn't much I can do about it. I need to learn how to say no from time to time. Its hard for me to do, that's for sure. I am a people pleaser, one of my faults... I've done it for years! Even when my parents were divorced. It's just part of my nature. I know one of these days its going to cause me to have a breakdown! So I am trying to space out Toy Bank so that its not all at once, but rather spaced out over time. I guess we'll see how it goes. I am really hoping for a good year.

I'm still trying to squeeze in the last few of my vacation days in as well. And trying oh so hard not to use vacation time for Toy Bank things, though its tempting!

I am flying out on Dec 8th through Dec 12th to go see my brother in NC. This is the first year that we won't be together as a family for the holiday and its just crazy to think about it. So I will go and spend some time with him. I'm excited to go, but I'll be missing my actual anniversary date with Ben (2 years! - seesh!) however Ben and I plan on celebrating when I get back into town. Not sure what we will be doing, but as long as I am with him, I'll be happy!

HOBY is coming back to life. I am hopefully that after this weekend things will get back on track. I have said to Ben that I am only doing what I am doing now, I do not plan on taking any more roles within HOBY. I don't want to go to seminar weekend, I'd just like to help with the grants and seeking donations for the organization.

There are so many non-profits out there that I would enjoy working with and the causes are very worthy. I just don't have enough time and resources. So I have to be choosy with where I give my time.

Then of course there is time with my family and friends. And then lastly work. I love my job and the people I work with (my guys are the s*!) and I am terribly fortunate that I still have a job. As anyone knows the economy isn't what it used to be. Its rebounding, but I think it will take awhile before we are comfortable. Everyone is trying to make their dollars stretch more. I know for me I've been using more coupons and not being such a brand whore when it comes to certain types of food.

Speaking of saving money, one of my favorite holidays is coming up shortly.... Black Friday! I cherish my day with Tabitha and being one of those crazy people standing outside a store at 2 am!

I know that for me personally, I realized how bad I was off with my credit cards and I am trying to pay off them one at a time now so that I am not in this position again. I know there are worse people off than I, but I am not comfortable in this position. I'd like to own a house someday, and I know I need a down payment, so I am trying to save up for that as well.

One way I try to save money is searching blogs and online sites for deals. One that I came across was http://www.sahmsue.com/2009/11/50-custom-thank-you-cards-giveaway.html and www.uprinting.com for doing a giveaway of thank you cards. These cards would come in real handy for my Toy Bank thank yous that I do after the holiday season!

I have to keep my notebook with me at all times. I am very forgetful and I am a list person. I love my lists, there is order and structure in my lists. And I do get some satisfaction in crossing my tasks off my list as I complete them. I guess I am just sick in the head.

Sorry this is a random post... sometimes I just type what I am thinking and feeling in the moment. Apparently today, I am quite scattered ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails