Thursday, August 25, 2011

Darn Irene....

Well the fitting went super, the dress fits fantastic, I am still in LOVE with my dress, and my mother and stepmother managed to be in the same room and get along. I think I am most in shock about that last one. It's funny that weddings have a way of either bringing families closer together or driving a wedge between families. Thankfully, it seems to be drawing us closer together. Or at the very least where they can be civil to one another.

My stepmother is my mom, she raised me, her and I are great friends, but I also admire her for everything that she's done and sacrificed for my brother and myself. It made me so happy to hear her say that she loved my dress and that it was very flattering on me, and that she wasn't just giving me lip service, that she really liked it. I value her opinion.

After the fitting, Kelli and I went to dinner to have a session... I love my sessions with her.... LOL. As she put it we never have a shortage of topics.

I am so excited for this weekend, it's my bachelorette weekend!! My gals are taking me, where? I don't know. All I've been told is to pack an overnight bag. I know that we are going out dancing, one of my friends bought me a little black dress... I can't wait to see where we are going and what we are doing! I love my gals, they are so good to me.

One slight problem, Hurricane Irene.... she's forecasted to blow into the New England region beginning on Saturday and through Monday.... I talked to Kelli today, and we discussed things... but it's still on. I've been looking forward to this weekend and so has she. She's also put her heart into this and no one could plan on this happening...

Like I said on twitter the other day, I don't know how Irene got invited to my bachelorette party but I hear she blows.... we are still going to have a great time no matter what we are doing.

I'm sure I'll have pictures and a post after this weekend, filling you in on everything ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails