Friday, June 15, 2012

Weight a minute and birthday

So I stepped on the scale today, for being 25 weeks pregnant I am up 16 pounds overall. I am coming to the harsh realization that I will be over 350 pounds soon. This I admit, is very hard for me. I know that I am pregnant and that it happens, that I shouldn't get hung up on a number, but I am. My baby is happy and healthy and letting my know that he/she is in there.

I think my weight number complex is more so because I am concerned with gestational diabetes and I have my glucose testing looming. My doc says that there isn't much one can do to prevent it, but I have read that overweight/obese women are more prone to it.

Also looming over my head is my upcoming birthday, and my 30's (29 plus 1 if you as me...). As we get older it's more difficult to loose and keep off the weight. I know that I am going to have to work really hard post baby to not only loose the pregnancy weight, but also shed some of the weight previously. I am sure that breastfeeding and taking care of a newborn will greatly increase my activity level.

Although this is the heaviest I've ever been, I know there are people out there who are heavier. I feel like this is something that I have a good handle on, just occasionally have the minor freak out about.

On a more positive note, I will say that being pregnant has made my cravings for water increase, there are days that it's all I drink. Some days I prefer room temp water, other days I want it ice cold. Kind of odd, but in a good way. I am not going to fight THOSE cravings! I don't feel like I get enough in sometimes. 

1 comment:

Food Coma said...

Just so you know I had gestational diabetes and while I was crush initially with the diagnosis it turned out to be a great thing for me. I was able to control it with diet primarily with only taking one dose of insulin before bed. I gave birth at 39 weeks to a healthy 7lb 3oz baby boy! He is now almost 7 months old and ever poke was worth it. Enjoy this time with your baby, I miss it dearly!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails