Saturday, June 23, 2012

Doctor's Appt Update

So I had my appt with my doctor yesterday (actually another doc in the office... we got to rotate through them all to at least meet with each one) And she measures me and says that I am "measuring big" I asked, how big. She said that I was measuring 31 weeks. I am 26 weeks and a few days.

A whole month ahead! I am/was/still is getting nervous about this.

The doctor said that she would talk to my regular doctor and that I might be scheduled for an ultrasound to check the baby's size.

I know that larger babies, is sometimes related to gestational diabetes. And my glucose test isn't for another 2 weeks. So now I am even more concerned about gestational diabetes. I am also aware that both my brother and I were large babies so that would also lead me to believe that I may be predisposed to having large babies as well.

According to their office, I am only up 7 pounds. But by my scale at home I am up 20 pounds. Which I am inclined to "believe" more since I weigh myself at the same time every few days, rather than different times of days on different scales in their office.

Also I've developed a reoccurring pain in my pelvic mound area (TMI!! sorry) and when walking it will radiate into my SI joint (butt area) Oh does it hurt! So I talked to the doc about it and she said, that it sounds typical, when the pelvis takes on more of the baby's/uterus weight and the bones start to soften in preparation for delivery.. I asked if the "joy" stage was over and she said yes, and you've most likely entered the waddling stage!

Oh goodie! I am so glad that we went to North Carolina LAST weekend... as I can't even begin to think about being in the car for more than just a few quick errands.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails