Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby Class!

On Tuesday I hit 27 weeks and in most books/references that means third trimester! (in some references, 28 weeks is the beginning of the 3rd trimester).

There is no denying the fact that there is a baby in there. I am feeling movements all the time, as well as a lot of pelvic pain/pressure. As mentioned in my previous post, I am just chalking it up being pregnant. My gait has definitely changed, I've become more of a slow and deliberate mover. I try not to sit for too long as when I do move it's painful. As well as when I get up from bed, it's painful right at first.

Tonight Ben and I started our birth class, this is a four part series over the next month that will give us some information and tools to help with the birth. There are 5 other couples in the class with us, we seem to be due the latest out of all of them. Some are due in the middle of August. I don't know, when I heard that it just seemed so close. The instructor had us go around and introduce ourselves, she wanted us all to say one positive thing about this pregnancy. Most of the "students" laughed. I made eye contact with a woman next to us and her and I were just eye rolling all the time. It was quite hilarious.

Over the series we'll learn about labor and delivery and get a tour of the family center at the hospital. We also have separate classes planned on other topics which will hopefully get us started on being prepared for our little one! It's hard to believe that in 3 months we'll be having a baby! (And by we, I really mean me... let's get real about one thing, I am the one who's got to deliver this!)

Tuesday is 28 weeks for me and my dreaded glucose test. I have received a lot of feedback from my readers, thank you. It's just one of those things, and if I have gestational diabetes, well then I do. But I am going to do whatever I can to make sure that my baby and I stay happy and healthy.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails