Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping up 2011 & looking ahead

I have so much to be thankful for in 2011, and in the same breath so much to look forward to in 2012. Did I achieve all of my goals in 2011? No, but that's what my day zero list is for.

I still had my version of a perfect wedding. I didn't go Bridezilla on anyone, but I made my point, that the day was about Ben and I, no one else.

Because of the wedding, I got to see my brother and my sister in law a lot as well as my cousin. I could grow to see more of them. And hope that someday soon, they all will call New Hampshire home.

I wasn't a fit bride, but I can honestly say, that I am more acutely aware of my overall health and what I need to do in order to change it. I've got a lot of big plans for 2012, and a looming blood work date from my doctor.

2011 saw less blog posts than 2010, but if you've been an avid reader, you saw my departure from all of the blog giveaways. I still manage to find one or two I like, but I no longer dedicate any significant time to the venture. I decided to get back to my roots and blog more about my day to day life, and largely about my upcoming wedding.

2012 will start off with a facebook hiatus. Not sure for how long, at least a week, but we shall see. I was telling Ben tonight that I still will play Bejeweled Blitz and Words with Friends, but from my phone only. I need some vices in life.

I made a lot of new friends in 2011, I listen to the Cosmo channel on Sirius/XM. And although I didn't make it to CosmoCon, I still was able to meet up with a few of the gals in November for Lo's birthday party. Team Awesome was forged, Steve and Kerri have been two amazing people in my life, we grew so much closer in 2011, though I hope in 2012, I will get to meet them in person. Also I had a blog redesign done, much thanks to Erin from Samantha's Day, and in the end her and I became fast friends through our emails.

My work life has been crazy. I don't have the exact numbers yet, but I must have made more than I did last year or at least matched it. These last two weeks of 2011 have been insanely busy. With the summer season being especially busy call volume wise. I am looking forward to a slow down after the first of the year.

I went on a kick butt honeymoon to Hawaii, I spent an amazing 10 days in paradise, with a promise to someday return. It was probably one of the best vacations I have ever taken and I was so thrilled at the chance to get to go. It was also my longest vacation on record.

Post wedding, I cut my long hair and donated to Locks of Love, I was more than happy to be able to donate. In return I got a great haircut, my hair was the shortest it had been in a long time!

Most importantly I married a man in 2011. The man of my dreams. Because of social media we met by chance, and fell in love. We had our perfect day with our friends and family and pledged all of ourselves to one another. He loves me as me, but also supports me in making myself a better version of me. He challenges me to be my best, and is there to support me if I fail. We can laugh at one another, but also be serious when we need to be. He is my rock and I love being the reason he smiles. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails