Friday, December 16, 2011

Hair no more!

So as I've been talking about for the last few weeks, but last night I finally pulled the trigger and did it. The post wedding chop! I've been growing out my hair since last July/August. Almost a year and a half of growing resulted in this:

All of the hair... like for realz
And after some talk about what kind of style I wanted, which I pretty much gave my stylist the green light to do what she wanted. My rule was simple, it needed to be easy to style, low maintenace. We got down to chopping it off


And we ended up with over 12 inches


That is a 12 inch comb next to my braids! I had no idea that my hair was really that long!

After the chop was done Rachelle, my stylist got down to business of giving me a proper hair cut and afterwards, she ended up looking like this

Bad day to wear a sweater to work...
It was worth growing my hair out for the wedding, my hair on my wedding day was beautiful and stunning, I even got asked if I was wearing hair extensions!

I will say towards the end, I was getting frequent headaches from the weight of the hair and from pulling it back. I couldn't really do anything with my hair it was just too long. It took way too long to maintain it. In the end, my long straight hair, became high maintenance!

I am so happy and pleased that my donated hair is going to help someone else.

So now that I've made you wait here is the after shot

All of the bags under my eyes! So tired!
My thoughts, my hair is SUPER short... shorter than I usually care for, but I know it won't be long before it grows out to a length that I am happy with. And I know that it was for a great cause. I love how much movement my hair has!

So there you have it!

The Salon was really awesome about it, they are going to mail my hair for me to Locks of Love, and all of the staff was really great. 

Side Note: I stepped on the scale this morning and was legit 2 pounds lighter. I know it's not probably all hair, but still, I am sure it's some of it.

6 comments:

Kerri Olkjer said...

It's adorable!!!! Super cute. I bet it would look hot curled, or flipped out, or... ;)
I once went to get a haircut with my hair about to my waist and came back with an angled, chin length bobb. Without telling hubby what I was doing. It was good fun.

Maren said...

I think you look absolutely adorable with your hear like that! And you can do so many things. Like a simple braid on your "bangs". :) Love it!

And I think it's the greatest thing to donate hair!

Denise Johnson said...

Cassie ~

WOW - love the new look... You go girl. Betcha Ben will love it too!

Smiles,
Denise~

Unknown said...

wholesalewigsonline.com highly recommend.. I personally purchased a lot of real human hair extentions from wholesalewigsonline.com i got my hair so fast and it is absolutely the softest, most beautiful hait i have ever seen it is always smooth and delightful,this hair is amazing! excellent quality and durability ,it is easy to work with and maintain on

Nickel22 said...

love it....I like the way she shattered your ends in the back....after having hair that long it is a huuuuge change to get used to....you are going to be in the shower, go to wash itand all of a sudden say thats it?..It has to be loads lighter on your head!...it was a very nice thing to see through your goal of donating to locks of love :)

Erin said...

I love it! I didn't know you had all that hair! My goodness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails