Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random Thoughts while Walking

First off, I am feeling much better about 90% better. Still a lingering tickle at the back of my throat, but MUCH better, thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

Last night while catching up on facebook, I saw that my cousin, Amy had posted that she was setting her alarm 30 minutes earlier to get a walk in. I "liked" her status and then thought to myself, you know I should do that as well. So I set my alarm for 5am.

This morning there was a fire in the town next to the town I work for, so there was a lot of chatter on the radio/scanner regarding the fire. (Fire call came in a 4am!) I silenced the scanner so I could get just a few more precious moments of sleep. And when the 5am alarm came, I got right up! Got dressed and went for a walk!

It was still dark out! I could see the stars and the moon! The moon was setting, so close to the horizon, and so beautiful. By the time I got back to my house 30 minutes later, the dawn was just starting to creep up and the sky lightened with hues of blue, orange and red. So pretty.

I realized that I live in the sticks, not sticks in the sense of what Kerri lives in, but sticks for New Hampshire... And how peaceful and quiet it was. Only the occasional vehicle. I was more concerned about encountering a wild animal, especially a skunk, more than about a kidnapping or mugging.

One random observation are high beams. My gosh those are annoying! And out of the 10 vehicles I encountered during my morning walk, 8 had their high beams on to begin with and only 1 vehicle turned them off when they noticed me! I made a mental note to myself to be more considerate of all people using the road, and if I were to encounter a walker/bicyclist and had my high beams on, I'd like to think that I would turn them off.

The morning was very brisk, still a bit chilly out, but the walk was refreshing! It got me thinking about Friday and April Fool's Day, and the fact that all the weather people are calling for snow!

The walk really waked me up! I didn't need coffee this morning at all. I thought that for sure I would have needed something, especially waking up earlier.

I am going to try and make a morning walk a daily habit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails