Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap!

So I didn't have a chance to post yesterday, I was so busy with plans that I didn't get to express my wishes for a happy holiday! I hope that you were able to be around your friends and family and most of all FOOD! LOL.

I've been at my parents all week watching the animals and the house. I feel so out of my element. I think I've really hit a point where my old house isn't MY house anymore. Ben and I have a lovely apartment that is my home, and hopefully at some point in the future, we will own a home of our own.

The reason I've been staying at my parents is that they are in North Carolina visiting my brother and his wife, I miss my family. I think it's great that my parents can go down and see my brother, but I miss them! I miss my brother and sister-in-law as well. Le sigh, eventually my brother and his wife will come back north... just for now, we aren't living as close as we'd like. Isn't it funny, that the more physical distance there is between us, the closer it brings us.

But, my parents are on the way back to NH now, and soon I'll be able to go back to my home :-D I haven't seen my apartment in a week! I can only imagine what it looks like!

I worked Wednesday night, so I got out of work Thanksgiving morning, I got a chance to get cleaned up and off Ben and I were to meet up with his mom. We went out to a restaurant called the Taste of Maine, we met up with some friends of their family. We had a lovely time! I was slightly concerned with the buffet. I didn't want to over eat. On top of that, we hadn't eaten breakfast either.. so I was starving. I am proud to report that I listened to my body and stopped when I was full. Which means, one trip to the buffet.

I was able to get back home and manage a nap before heading back to work Thanksgiving night. Since Kerri and I talked on twitter about not being able to do a Turkey Trot, we decided to do a Virtual Turkey Trot! And I knew I wasn't going to have a lot of time on Thanksgiving so I had to do mine at work Thanksgiving night... I am sure if anyone saw me walking around the apparatus floor, they would have really thought that I was off my rocker. But again, I was proud of myself for challenging myself and achieving it!

Normally, I go Black Friday shopping, but I wasn't going to be able to since I had to work. I still got the paper and checked out the deals. I have to say, aside from TV's and laptops, there really wasn't a lot out there. Now granted, I could use both a new tv and laptop, but I just don't think it's in the plans right now. I still saw a few things that I thought would still be there after the masses. So after I got out of work on Black Friday morning, I went shopping. I was able to find some good deals. I could have bought a lot more, but I tried to keep to my budget, and I did fairly well.

While out and about, I managed to stop in at a Weight Watchers center, they had drop in hours. No meeting, but just weighed in. To my complete surprise I was down .2! I think this is the most excited I've ever been about .2 pounds. I freakin' managed to loose weight after Thanksgiving!

Part of the reason I wanted to weigh in was because I wanted to hold myself accountable, especially over the holidays. Also because I am participating in Mary from Fit this, Girl's Don't Gain, Maintain Holiday Challenge!

I hope all of my lovely readers had a wonderful holiday. I was super happy with how things turned out, despite having to work.

Next up, Christmas! (I work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - day shifts, this time around)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails