Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friday's appointment

So I had my weekly appointment on Friday. I had gained 4 pounds in a week, the doctor had noted that not only were my feet/lower legs swollen, but that it had migrated into my hands and face. The verdict... All done with work. The doctor really didn't like the long hours that my job has, and the fact that I couldn't put my feet up and still do my job also were factors.

I asked the doctor if that meant bed rest or some form of it. She said that she still wants me moving around, no blood clots. But that when I am sitting down to as much as possible have my feet up. Limit my outings. When I do go out, no more than an hour in the car, try to have someone else drive, if possible, and when out shopping/running errands, limit trips to about an hour.

At first I was terrorized. I mean, I am a workaholic. I like the routine/schedule that work provides. And now not to have it, I just didn't know what I was going to do. But I want to keep this baby healthy and in for as long as the baby needs.

I also realized that it'll give me time to work on getting the house ready to bring baby home. I can work on projects here and there and then rest in between as necessary. So maybe it won't be so bad.

I will say, even after 2 days, the swelling has gone down and I have already dropped some of that weight.

They had to reschedule the ultrasound portion of my visit. Which is tomorrow. They want to see how big baby L is, since I am still measuring ahead.

So all in all, I was shocked at the news from my visit. I wasn't planning on that news, but at least it could have been a lot worse. I will take this in stride. I have a lot of support from family and friends, I am really blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails