Friday, August 10, 2012

33 Weeks

I've been getting increasingly more uncomfortable as the summer and this pregnancy goes on. But I keep reminding myself that there is a great reward at the end. And that every week that goes by gets me one step closer to seeing my baby!

I've been battling leg cramps at night, they at times force me to get up and walk around, other times I can massage my calves while still in bed till they go away. I've been told this is usually due to fluid retention. Not sure if it's the weather (it's been hot and humid all week) or just pregnancy, but I've been very thirsty, and 90% of the time I crave water. Which is always a good thing. That is one thing that I am grateful for is that I've never been afraid to drink water. I am now just drinking so much more of it.

I am hopeful that Ben will get to work on the baby's nursery next week. Most of the questions I get now are "is the nursery finished?" Finished? It's not even started! We are using our 2nd bedroom/Ben's office as our nursery, so we need to remove the bedroom furniture that's in there in order to get the baby furniture in there. Ben is on vacation next week (hopefully) and will be attempting to get it all done then. I am excited about getting things wrapped up so that I can get in there and get things set up how I want them.

I owe a post on my baby shower, but needless to say it was amazing, and I don't really have much left that I need. Although my friends/family did say that many of them were holding off on buying clothes until I deliver so they know what gender to buy for. I think we are really throwing people off by not knowing the gender.

We met with our daycare provider last night. Since we don't have much need for full time, we ended up going with a private provider. She's a stay at home mom who watches other people's children on the side for extra income. She is familiar with the fire service and the rotating schedule that I have. So our baby will be in daycare 2 days a week. She only lives about 15 minutes from us, so it's very convenient for us. And she comes highly recommended from a friend of ours. We are very blessed to have found a great situation that will work for everyone.

I've been getting out on some more walks as of late. I walked a lot in the first trimester, but the second trimester I was really tired and just ended up slacking big time on my walks. Now in my third, I am still tired, but I want to be more active and get my stamina up to better prepare myself for delivery. Ben has been awesome and walks with me. It's great that he and I can spend time together.

I can no longer take deep breaths. I am simply out of room. I feel there are times the baby is stretched all the way out, as I can feel the baby deep in my pelvic cradle and all the way up into my ribs. I have a feeling we are in for a tall baby! However, baby is still head down so I am excited about that. Fingers crossed that baby stays that way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails