Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Halfway hump!

I am 22 weeks today! My OB's office is still having a debate about my due date, it's fluctuating between 9/22 and 9/25. So I've been sticking to the latter of the two dates, just in case.

Technically, I was at the halfway point at 20 weeks, but I am slow at updating the blog.

I am feeling good about things, I had my monthly check-up on Monday and the doc says that everything looked good and things were progressing on target. I have my dreaded glucose test on July 3rd, but at least my cousin will be here, so she can come with me. It won't be ALL that bad then!

Most of my symptoms have resolved. As of late, as in the last week, my "allergies" have been terrible. I have never had allergies before in my life, but I guess I have pregnancy induced allergies. Well actually it was explained to me like this. You see, when you get pregnant your body increases the production of all your bodily fluids, which also would include mucus. Hence why most women complain about feeling stuffy during pregnancy. Well add just a little hint of allergen (ie pollen) to that and it can just hit you like a ton of bricks! Which is exactly what happened. It got really bad that the top of my jaw and top row of my teeth hurt/ached. I was taking Zrytec for about 5 days, but I haven't had any in the last 2 days. I am doing alright for now, but I plan on keeping my Zrytec close by, just in case of a flare up.

My other symptoms have been heartburn (only after eating acidic foods, OJ and tomato based) and swollen feet/ankles. I try to keep my feet as elevated as I can, but it doesn't always work, I do still need to function.

According to the doctor's office, I am on track for my weight, I believe that I am still down a pound according to my chart in their office. However according to my scale at home, I am up a little over 9 pounds. I am ok with this gain, but I don't want things to get out of control.

I am still getting the question, well what are you having? And people think I am weird when I say, we don't want to know, we'll find out in September. Most think I am weird. But there are some who have been "good for you". In that they know that there are few surprises in life and this is one thing that we can control, so we chose to. Others have said, well how do you plan... I said, easy, the colors yellow, green and brown are all cute on anyone!

I am very much looking the pregnant part, there is really no denying it anymore. I have been feeling the internal movements, nothing external yet, but I know that it's coming within the next month.

I am looking forward to camping this weekend as we always do for Memorial Day weekend, it's great to be around my friends and family and spend some time with them. The weather is looking fantastic, yet again (knock on wood) we have been very fortunate the last 3-4 years.

What are your Memorial Day weekend plans?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails