Sunday, January 11, 2009

In other news...

Gross Warning!!! Do not read any further if you don't want to be grossed out! LOL.

So any of you know know me...even just a little bit, know that I talk very openly about many things. One thing I do not like to talk too much about (especially in front of members of the opposite sex) is my period.

I thought that it only happened to me, but while I was reading the December issue of Cosmo, I noticed in the Cosmo Gyno section that it talked about 'my' issue...I call it my PPP (Pre-Period Poo). A day or two before my period would start (BTW - thank God for BCP and regulating my cycle...) I would have a huge bowel movement and I never knew why...

From Cosmo Gyno...Period Mystery Solved; Why Do I Get Diarrhea? Answer - The same body chemicals that trigger uterine contractions to help expel blood inadvertently cause your lower intestine to contract as well. The result: Loose stools. Taking an anti-inflammatory painkiller at the first twinge of cramping stops the contractions.

It kinda makes sense! So at least I know now that it's a) not just me and b) that I can do something about it.

Anywho, I don't know why I felt the need to share that, but oh well.. :-D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails