Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another week goes by

Well work has been super busy, I unfortunately missed BOTH the Deerfield and Fryeburg Fairs this year :-( Bummer. I guess that means that I will have to go next year ;-) I seem to be missing many of my fall routines this year. It's almost peak fall foliage season, and no trips in site to head north to see some of the beauty.

According to the google calendar, Ben and I have the first weekend in November off, so NO PLANS! Ben and I are going to enjoy a nice quiet weekend together. I have to say I am looking forward to it. I've been so busy between work and EMT refresher training and he's been way busy with work (product is getting ready to ship), I think it will be nice for the two of us just to have a quiet weekend together.

So its official, my cousin Cathy, Kelli and myself are joining weight watchers, well Cathy has already joined but this will be my first week (as well as Kelli's). Kelli and I have been going back and forth with the idea, and then Cathy sent me a message asking if I would like to join her (first stating that she hoped that she didn't offend me) which - I'm fat, I know I am. So no, it doesn't offend me, if anything should motivate me. I think it will help to have some friends there who can keep you motivated to stick it out - since they are going through the same struggles that you are. Nick and Lindsay are doing it down in North Carolina, seems like they are quite successful at it. And my insurance will reimburse me each year up to $300 for healthy stuff like WW, so I really do not have an excuse. And I still have the books from the last time I did it, so really it should be short money up front. I find it difficult to put the time/effort into eating better when I work so much, but I need to put down the take-out menu and pick up a previous prepared healthy meal.

Speaking of Nick, he called me on Friday (I was at the farm and literally had just gotten back from my walk with Kathleen and the dogs) and he said that he just got the package I sent him in early September! Somewhere in Post Office hell, they didn't deliver the package right away.... which is funny, since when I went to mail it, the Postwoman asked me if I trusted the Post Office to get it there quickly, to which I said, of course! Big mistake I guess! Oh well, brother appreciated the thought. I was just trying to send him a taste of New England!

The rents are camping this weekend, so I had to stop by the house and check on the cats this morning on my way into work, good thing I did! Food dish was empty! Poor Melly was wasting away.... any of you who know my cat Melly, she won't die of hunger ANYTIME soon... she's a fat ass and fits right in with the family. But Aunt Pam and Uncle Ralph have gone home and Aunti Barbara wasn't there, there is still some stuff in her apartment, but she wasn't there (either at church or at her new house in Rochester) so big doings at the family farm in Hampton.

I was watching Grey's Anatomy this week and one of the supporting characters needed a liver transplant due to his alcoholism, and he was talking about how he got that way. In that he would drink, and then say that he would never drink again, and he'd be good for a day, but then he'd reward himself with a drink, and start the vicious cycle over. I feel the exact same way with food. I do really well for a day or two and then I "reward" myself with a treat. My thought process is, oh I went for a walk today, I can have this candy bar, or whatever.... its really a bad way of thinking. And really, makes me think that I am a food addict.

Coming up this week is our kick off Toy Bank meeting! Holy Moly, its Toy Bank Time again! Seesh! Working at HCAPS (doctor's office) this week and hopefully a lunch date with Liane, a friend from freshman year in college, we've rescheduled this lunch about 4 times now over the past few months, so I am hopeful that I'll get to see her! And BINGO on Friday... so even though I work a lot, I do get some time to play, and when I do, I like to play hard!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails