Thursday, February 9, 2012

The new JCPenney or JCP for short

Has any one else visit their local JCPenney lately? If you hadn't heard, they changed up their pricing structure. Gone are the every week sales and coupons. Now we have "Everyday pricing". It's great not having to coordinate a sale with a coupon, but only on certain days and certain times.

And like other retailers, who would jack up the price of an item only to put it on sale, and have sales constantly (rhymes with bowls). I think I quite enjoy this refreshing look.

I recently ventured into my local store to see what it was all about. I must say I was quite impressed. Everything was clearly marked. The layout of the store hadn't changed much. All of the staff was very friendly and polite. I had a gift card so I ended up purchasing a few tops. I really do like the St. John's Bay line, it's flattering on my plus size figure and they are full of staple items for my wardrobe.

The one thing I don't care for in JCP's revamp is their commercial of the screaming people... it's rather annoying, point taken, but still annoying.

It's a tough economy, people are still not as frivolous with their money as they once were. I applaud JCP for trying to still make it work in a down economy. It has to be tough to maintain brick and mortar stores when online shopping is so easy to do. The one down side about online shopping for clothes, you can't try them on before you buy, and some women don't particularly care for that.

I was not contacted or compensated by JCP for this review, I just felt I would share my thoughts on the matter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails